The United States Bone and Joint lnitiative, NFP (USBJI), the U.S. National Action Network of the worldwide Bone and Joint Decade, is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) corporation that relies on membership dues, as well as grants and contributions from industry, organizations and individuals to coordinate programs and activities. You can apply for membership online to:
- Become a Participating Member (non-profit organizations)
- Become an Associate Member (for-profit organizations)
or please print a paper membership form and send it to USBJI.
Member dues primarily pay for:
- Primary development of awareness, education, research, and advocacy activities
- 60/80 public education programs annually offered to communities nationwide at no charge
- Program development: burden of disease data, interdisciplinary forums, increasing funding for research, legislative briefings
- Bone and Joint Health National Action Week, held October 12-20, every year
- Meetings of the network, task forces, and with government agencies and organizations
- Presence, promotion, distribution of materials at professional/community meetings, health fairs, hospitals/clinics, schools
- Web site, Newsletter, e-Notices
- Listing on USBJI web site under “Friends of the lnitiative” and linked to member's web site
- Right to participate on committees and task forces, and for Participating Members to nominate candidates to the Board
- USBJI Newsletters (2–3 times per year)
- Up to five representatives (more on request)
- Discounted registration at USBJI meetings
- Notices about USBJI activities, projects and events, news
- Right to use the U.S, Bone and Joint lnitiative logo with “Member” designation
- Listing on certain printed materials and reports
There are three categories of dues-paying membership: Founding, Participating, and Associate. Dues for Associate Members hold special recognition of the contribution level.
Founding Members – $1,000
Founding Members are charitable, research, and educational not-for-profit organizations that support the objectives and activities of the Bone and Joint Decade/lnitiative and that formed the original Steering Committee for the United States Bone and Joint Decade/lnitiative.
- Founding Members have a representative on the Board of Directors.
Participating Members – $1,000
Participating Members are charitable, research, and educational not-for-profit organizations that support the objectives and activities of the Bone and Joint Decade/lnitiative.
- Participating Members are entitled to nominate candidates for the Board of Directors
Associate Members – $2,500 – $25,000
Associate Members are for-profit organizations that support the objectives and activities of the Bone and Joint Decade/lnitiative and wish to be officially recognized as such.
Associate Member recognition levels:
- Diamond – $25,000 and over
- Emerald – $15,000 and over
- Ruby – $10,000 and over
- Sapphire – $5,000 and over
- Topaz – $2,500 and over (for small-size corporations)